On 27 Oct 2012, at 07:56, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 10/27/2012 12:07 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
Stephen,

I agree that " All of this discussion is below the level of conscious
self-awareness", but prefer to think of raw perception as
distinguishing what can be from what cannot be, as for example in
constructor theory.

In my model conscious awareness is an arithmetic emergent due to the
incompleteness of discrete, ennumerable compact manifolds. What can or
cannot be is at a lower level, perhaps due to discrete arithmetic
computations that may be teleological, a nod to Deacon as well as
Deutsch.
Hi Richard,

Umm, interesting. The incompleteness forces consciousness... Please elaborate!

AUDA is the "final" elaboration of that. At the propositional level. I remind you. G and G* are the logic of incompleteness. Gödel's second theorem is the arithmetical interpretation of Dt -> ~BDt, and by Solovay's theorem we get them all. In fine consciousness is something between Dt and Dt V t, Dt V t V Bf, the modal duals of the saured box of the corresponding variants of G. Incompleteness is just the startling fact of the logic of self- reference, which can translated the classical theory of knowledge in the arithmetical or machine languages.

Onward!

Stephen