On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> >> We know that as well as we know anything about physics
> > This is not valid.

> A priori we can be dreaming in some world based on a different physics.
> Or, as with comp we might belong only to sophisticated computations,

Are you seriously suggesting that we trash our physics textbooks and it
doesn't bother you if one of your statements does not correspond to
physical experiments??

2) the Platonist one, in which the physical reality is the border, or the
> shadow of a vaster invisible reality.

If it's in shadow then it can't be seen so there is nothing to be gained by
talking about it.

>> we were talking about the theoretical feasibility of making a prediction
>> and making a forecast of yesterday's weather is not of much use.
> > No. We were talking on something else.

I was talking about it, I don't know what you were talking about.

  John K Clark