Hi, Hal,
and thanks for your reply. I don't feel up to discuss YOUR ideas: as I
touched I WAS a polymer(chem) scientist as long as I lost my faith in the
conventional views (giving place to agnosticism upon the infinite
complexity I call "everything". So consider my responses 'second rate' -
ideas you may or may not consider indeed.
## Ability: seems to me you value the potential energy higher than the
rest.

##Mass - I am lost. (massive as well). When I tried to "go down" to the
bases of it, I lost all massiveness: mass less concepts with physical items
attached. All in our conventional science terms: human thinking within the
model we actually carry (different at all times).

##Dark energy (matter?) - thanks for not crucifying me for such un-science.

## - "E"??? do you have any idea how to identify electricity? (This is not
my vendetta against it for the 5 days this week when we missed it to
Sandy). Luckily we got it back but I have bad vibes.

## We NEED Strong and weak forces to maintain our figment of matter.
So we created them and calculate them to satisfy what we think. I don't
deny an atomic bomb explosion, but the explanation is premature.
We have a fantastic technology - ALMOST good (except for some unexpected
mishaps, accidents, sicknesses, wars, imperfections.)

##Your Conclusions to 6 are perfectly identified by the terms science is
using (work?). I call them figments based on our present partial knowledge
of EVERYTHING - subject to be changed when our knowledge -inventory grows.
It was different 1000 years ago and maybe yesterday.
Your sentences are involved, I need more time to digest them better.
(As I recall our last discussion years ago, I stopped short when you
started to resort more and more into engineering lingo what I could not
match. That was the time when my agnostic ideas emerged and I could not
cope with the human thinking firmness of the engineering know-it-all.)
My principle is  -  "I dunno".

## LIFE: I feel with 'my' translation I may be close to your position -
maybe a bit wider in scope. I did not boil it down (so far!) to energy
change (flow). Reproduction is nonexistent, except in prokaryotes, the
offspring of 2 heterosexual parents into a 3rd entity maybe 'procreation',
but not *reproduction* of any of the parents. Just think of the personal
DNA. I surprised already some reputable biologists/physiologists.
Like a physicist's characterisation of energy(activity!) I found for life -
*process* the M&R (metabolism and repair) description of Robert Rosen the
closest - not an identification of the *term* either.

Besides I place a 'life(process)' into much wider bounds than OUR human
chemistry of carbon compound-, even non-carbon compound live-
bio-chem-processes in our terrestrial circumstances. (See resp to ##9)

##to7: I "feel" the 'universe' is our abode among innumerable others in a
Multiverse - composed of non-identical ones, MAYBE not so simplistic ones
as ours (we have no contact to others): ours is founded upon two ordinates
(space and time) making it a 3D view with changes between the two.
Conventional sciences cannot afford to step out from such framework
(Sci.Am. or else). That would be 'unscientific' and 'imaginary'.

## "Heat Death" - the perfect and infinite entropy Stephen referred to - is
akin to (my) re-distribution into the - OK, let's say: - perfect entropy of
MY PLENITUDE from which the universe(s) popped out because of some
"un-entropic" complexity formation - to re-smoothing again into it.
The Black Hole is a related idea, perverted into Terrestrial Physics. (And
so we get again closer in thinking - Ha Ha).

## to 9 I have objections. I cannot imagine (maybe my mistake) evolution
without a goal, a final aim which would require an intelligent design to
approach it. (I may have one: the re-distribution into the Plenitude). My
way (as of yesterday) is the ease-and-potential path of changes allowed by
the available configurations (relations) when a change occurs.
NO RANDOM, it would make a grits out of nature. Even authors with high
preference on random treatises withdrew into a "conditional random" when I
attacked the term. Conditionality kills random of course.
So in my terms: NO random mutations, (especially not FOR survival) I call
'evolution' the HISTORY of our universe. The unsuccessful mutants die, the
successful go on - science detects them in its snapshots taken and explains
them religiously. (Survival of the fittest - the Dinosaur was fit when it
got extinct by the change in circumstances).
I accept ONE random (in mathematical puzzles): "take ANY number..."

Your "lower, but not upper bound" is highly appreciable. Thanks.

I apologize for my haphazard remarks upon prima vista reading. The
list-discussion is not a well-founded scientific discourse upon new ideas.
Most people tell what they formulated over years. A reply is many times
instantaneous.

Regards

John Mikes