Hi Everyone:

I would like to restart my participation on the list by having a discussion
regarding the aspects of what we call “life” in our universe starting in a
simple manner as follows: [terms not defined herein have the usual “Laws of
Physics” definition]

1) Definition (1):  Energy (E) is the ability to subject a mass to a force.

2) There are several types of energy currently known:

     a) Mass itself via the conversion: [M <=> E/(c*c)]
     b) Gravitational
     c) Electromagnetic
     d) Nuclear [Strong and Weak forces]
     e) Dark Energy

3) Definition (2) Work (W)  Work is the flow of energy amongst the various
types by means of a change in the spatial configuration, dynamics and/or amount
of mass in a system brought about by an actual application of a force to a mass.

4) The exact original distribution of energy amongst the various types can’t be
reestablished and the new configuration can’t do as much work as the prior
configuration was capable of doing. [Second Law of Thermodynamics]

5) Time is not a factor: Once a flow of energy is possible it will take place
immediately.

6) Conclusion (1):  Since life is an energy flow conduit, wherever the
possibility of life exists life will appear as rapidly as possible.  The
“origin” of life herein.

7) Some energy flows are prevented by what are known [in my memory] as “Energy
Flow Hang-up Barriers” such as nuclear bonding coefficient issues, spatial
configuration, spin, other spatial dynamics, ignition temperature requirements,
electromagnetic repulsion, etc.  [“Energy Flow Hang-up Barriers” is not my
terminology – I think there was a twenty year or so old article in Scientific
American I am looking for and a quick Internet search found a discussion of the
repulsion hang-up in “Cosmology The Science of the Universe” by Edward Robert
Harrison.

8) Once life is present it will immediately punch as many holes in as many
Energy Hang-up Barriers as the details of the particular life entity involved
allows – this is how it realizes its energy flow conduit character.  The
“purpose” of life herein.  In other words life’s purpose is to hasten the heat
death of its host universe.

9) Now add in evolution which is a random walk with a lower but no upper bound.

A discussion of the possible consequences [such as qualia levels of particular
life entities - like degrees of consciousness] should await a critique and
possibly a revision of the above.

Comments are eagerly sought.

Thank you