From: Alberto G. Corona
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-03, 18:47:00
Subject: Re: Weyl on mathematics vs. reality

: Is there something that I could know to be the case, and which is not
expressed by a proposition that could be part of some scientific theory?"

Yes . "I love my mother" is some knowledge that I know , and is not part of a
scientific theory.?
We know reality because we live in the reality, We do not?pproximate?eality by
theories. We directly know reality because we live within it. ?ur ?rimary
knowledge is intuitive, historic, direct.. It is _the_ reality. ?

A theory is a second class of knowledge about a model that?pproximate?eality,
maybe upto a?oint?f an isomorphism with some-part-of reality, but certainly,
not an isomorphism that embraces the whole reality,?ecause?e could never know
if we have modelized the entire reality, nether if this modelization is
accurate.

The legitimate usage of the models is ?o refine this intuitive knowledge. But
at the worst, a model can ?egate our direct knowledge and try to create an
alternative reality. In this case the theorist reclaim the model as the
reality. Thus the theorist .reclaim a complete knowledge of reality. In this
case the theorist is outside of science, even if it is ?ithin the science
industry, and becomes a sort of gnostic preacher

--
Alberto.