On 04.11.2012 08:37 Richard Ruquist said the following:
On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru>
wrote:

On 11/3/2012 2:01 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

p. 210 "We seem to be left with four equally unpalatable
alternatives:

o  that either the point about isomorphism and mathematics is
mistaken, or

o  that scientific representation is not at bottom
mathematical representation alone, or

o  that science is necessarily incomplete in a way we can know
it to be incomplete, or

o  that those apparent differences to us, cutting across
isomorphism, are illusory.

In his comment about immediate alive intuition, Weyl appears to
opt for the second, or perhaps the third, alternative. But on
the either of this, we face a perplexing epistemological
question: Is there something that I could know to be the case,
and which is not expressed by a proposition that could be part
of some scientific theory?"

It seems to me he left out the most likely case: that our science
is incomplete in a way we know.

Brent

Could you please express this knowledge explicitly?

String theory is an example of knowledge of incomplete science as
for the most part string theory has not been verified/falsified
experimentally. Richard

Let us imagine that the superstring theory is completed and even experimentally verified. So what's then? How the superstring theory would change engineering practice?

Evgenii
--
p. 278 "... the regularities must derive from not just natural but logical necessity. This sentiment is sometimes encountered still, not so much among philosophers but in physicists' dreams of a final theory so logically airtight as to admit of no conceivable alternative, one that would be grasped as true when understood at all."