On 11/6/2012 11:11 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
What happens if I mistake a statue of a beautiful woman
for the real thing, thus turning, eg,  a statue of pygmalion into an
actual woman ?

Or mistake fool's gold or gold foiled chocolates
for actual gold coins ?

Does the world actually become cloudy if I have cataracts ?

It is not just about you. It is about the huge number of observers. What matters is that they can communicate with each other and mutually confirm what is "real". Why do you imagine that only humans can be observers?

--
Onward!

Stephen