On 11/7/2012 11:48 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

That sounds like Leibniz. Each monad contains the
views of all of the other monads in order to see
the whole, not from just one perspective.

Hi Roger,

Yes, and that is why I like the idea of a Monad. I just don't agree with Leibniz' theory of how they are organized. Leibniz demanded that their organization is imposed ab initio, he assumed that there is a special beginning of time. I see the monads as eternal, never created nor destroyed, and their mutual relationships are merely the co-occurence of their perspectives. This makes God's creativity to be an eternal action and not a special one time action.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net

From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-06, 18:17:30
Subject: Re: Communicability

On 11/6/2012 11:11 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
What happens if I mistake a statue of a beautiful woman
for the real thing, thus turning, eg, a statue of pygmalion into an
actual woman ?

Or mistake fool's gold or gold foiled chocolates
for actual gold coins ?

Does the world actually become cloudy if I have cataracts ?

It is not just about you. It is about the huge number of observers. What
matters is that they can communicate with each other and mutually
confirm what is "real". Why do you imagine that only humans can be