From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-06, 11:16:51
Subject: Re: Communicability

On 11/6/2012 9:37 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> My new understanding of realism is that
> according to it, what happens in this world is
> not created by our minds, but created by a
> higher power. It could have happened
> without us.

Hi Roger,

     Sure, I would agree if we could be more precise. No one individual
mind has anything but a vanishingly small effect, but add up an infinity
of minds and you get omnipotence! We put far to much importance on some
other 'higher power' and forget that we are the exact image of that
higher power!

> That concerns events. Truth, according to
> realism, is also mind-independent.

     It cannot truly be both independent and effective!

--
Onward!

Stephen