On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
> On 11/8/2012 8:51 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>
> Stephan,
> If the compact manifolds of string theory are all different and
> distinct (as I claim in my paper from observations of a variable fine
> structure constant across the universe), then the manifolds should
> form a Stone space if each manifold instantly maps all the others into
> itself, my (BEC physics) conjecture, but also a Buddhist belief-
> Indra's Pearls.
>

> Hi Richard,
>
>     There is a critical difference in my thinking. Strings exist *in* a
> space-time manifold, space-time is a substance external to them. In
> Monadology, space-time is not external to the monads nor is substantial, the
> relative differences in spatial ('where' type differences) and temporal
> ('when' type differences) define space-times (plural!) for monads. Monads
> have no windows and do not exchange substances. There is no Aristotelian
> 'substance' in monadology.

The compact manifolds, what I call string theory monads, are more
fundamental than strings. Strings with spin, charge and mass, as well
as spacetime, emerge from the compact manifolds, perhaps in the manner
that you indicate below. The one difference from what you are
considering and the compact manifolds (CMs) that I can see is that the
CMs are fixed in the emergent space and not free floating- which in
itself implies a spacetime manifold.

Perhaps another is that from your discussion, it appears that all your
monads can be identical, whereas the CMs are required to be different
and distinct in order for consciousness to emerge from an arithmetic
of real numbers. However since from wiki "Each Boolean algebra B has
an associated topological space, denoted here S(B), called its Stone
space" and "For any Boolean algebra B, S(B) is a compact totally
disconnected Hausdorff space" and "Almost all spaces encountered in
analysis are Hausdorff; most importantly, the real numbers", I contend
that your monads as well as mine must be enumerable-that is all
different and distinct.

I apologize for using wiki. But I confess that what it says is the
limit of my understanding.
Any way what I propose is that all of what you say below may more or
less be appropriate for the compact manifolds of string theory if we
replace the dust with an array.
Richard