On 11/7/2012 12:01 PM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

Sounds reasonable.

Being a conservative, however, I tend to adopt orthodox views
such as that of Leibniz (to my mind at least) and the Bible.

Hi Roger,

I am weird. I tend libertarian, but not archarchist. I see orthodoxy as OK but only within limited domains.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
11/7/2012

From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-07, 11:02:01
Subject: Re: Communicability

On 11/7/2012 9:31 AM, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

Your criticism might be valid, but I never made the claim that Berkeley
is said to have made. Leibniz, possibly more like you,
would never have made such a claim. Leibniz believed that God
is purposeful (caused things to happen at least partially due
to end causes).

Dear Roger,

     My belief in God is anticipatory, in the sense that in the eternal struggle of
Becoming, as I hold to be true that the beliefs of observers will almost always converge
on mutually agreed upon facts and thus those observers will have physical worlds with
lawful or nomic relations without assuming that avoid Plato? view that a universal can
exist without being instantiated, as we see here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/052422q295335527/. These convergences are never a
priori knowledge, they cannot be computed "ahead of time".