Hi Bruno Marchal

Arithmetic is just numbers.  They have no meaning
and are (3p) unless observed from a fixed identity (1p).

As proof of that consider these three arithmetic characters from mandarin:

??
???

?

The meanings of these are

15
22
4

But you have to makes sense of the characters before you use them.
In other words, you need a fixed, conscious observer.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
11/9/2012