On 27 Nov 2012, at 11:55, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

I am not a mathematician, my background is in physical science (metallurgy) and of laboratory results therein. So I have a problem keeping up. But I
think I can say this:

Ultimately, IMHO any math or mental abstractions based on the fleshly brain
have to be also true for the fleshly brain.  The problem is perhaps
that the fleshly brain is in <>, the abstractions in []. I suppose that logically
one could use <>[]p.

Hmm... You are too quick here. I can see the idea though, but to answer this precisely would be long, and premature.

I don't know how one could do this, so to begin with, one could keep
operating as usual, by assuming that comp and monads both apply to all
brain activity.

I think that the monads might be just the number, but seen relatively to some universal number, and so they are programs. the supreme monads is then played by the universal number. You need a universal system to start, and arithmetic is handy for that, conceptually.

And in addition, IMHO if you want to also use Leibniz's monads, these must also
be associated to appropriate parts of the fleshly brain.

The fleshy brain is associate with infinities of computations. It includes all the different computations going thorugh your mind state, but that you cannot distinguish from you 1p view. There is an infinity of such computations in arithmetic.

A simple form
of this would be to at first use a functional account of the brain, and the tripartite brain model (bdi, or belief, desire, intention). Later on, there can be more than one of each type according to what neuroscience tells us. Magnetic resonance imaging could be used to label each functionally different brain area of b,d, and i.

So you have a Venn diagram of three circles with the fleshly brain as the central circle with some overlap on either side with comp and monadology.

I reason from comp, and then look how make sense of what we can observe. here you are too fuzzy, and probably have not yet see that "fleshy" is an emergent pattern in the dream of the numbers, not something existing in some primitive reality. That's the point of reasoning assuming comp.

Bruno

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
11/27/2012