On 29 Nov 2012, at 19:54, John Clark wrote:

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The experiment requires that you place yourself in the place of someone about to be duplicated and ask yourself what you expect to experience after that duplication.

Various people expect all sorts of screwy things, often they are absolutely certain of it and sometimes they even turn out to be correct, but as I've said before what "you" expect to experience is irrelevant in this matter,

Of course it is relevant. the question explicitly refers to it. Here we can see why you are stuck in step 3. You believe the question is irrelevant.

So please answer the question asked, and not a transformation of it. Then at the next steps you will eventually grasp why it is relevant (indeed crucial).

Bruno

what "you" do experience is not. And that can only be determined by remembering the past not by predicting the future.

  John K Clark