From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-11, 10:27:35
Subject: Re: I am my memory, which is provided by my 1p.

On 11 Dec 2012, at 13:17, Roger Clough wrote:

> Hi Bruno Marchal
>
> My personal introspection will always have my personal
> memory as context, which a computer will not have.

This is weird. Personal computer have already personal memory, even if
today they borrow it from their user. But personal memory is easy to
implement. Now the 1p is not just memory (even if this is enough in
UDA). There is a distinct person quale associated to it.

> One can in fact say that I am my memory.

In some approximation.

> My
> memory is the identity of my 1p and is what my 1p sees.
>
> This is perhaps the most serioous problem of comp.

Frankly .... I can understand people not convinced that a computer can
have a quale associated to the memory, but memory and personal memory
does not pose any problem in computers. Then I have explained why they
have a quale too.

Bruno