On Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:06:42 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

> Hi Craig Weinberg
>
> It doesn't matter whether you have good or bad intentions.
> The law and God judge us by what we do. You do the crime,
> you do the time.

I'll let the Bible speak for itself, if that is the God you are talking
about:

Timothy
1:5<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+1%3A5&version=ESV>

The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good
conscience and a sincere faith.
Timothy
6:10<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+6%3A10&version=ESV>

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this
craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves
with many pangs. "
Hebrews
12:14<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+12%3A14&version=ESV>

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one
will see the Lord.
Timothy
3:13<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+3%3A13&version=ESV>

While evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and
being deceived.
Philippians
4:8<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians+4%3A8&version=ESV>

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is
just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if
there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about
these things.
Philippians
1:15-18<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians+1%3A15-18&version=ESV>

Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will.
The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of
the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of rivalry, not sincerely but
thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every
way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I
rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice,
Ephesians
2:8-9<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+2%3A8-9&version=ESV>

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own
doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may
boast.
Romans
2:5<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+2%3A5&version=ESV>

But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for
yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be
revealed.

You sin, you go to Hell.

If you repent, you go to Heaven.

> Personally, I believe
> that the "eternal torture" of Hell is not to be able to feel God's
> love and forgiveness. That would be Hell to a Jesus. He
> refers to being tossed out and undergoing a "weeping and
> gnashing of teeth".
>

> Hindus and Buddhists believe in reincarnation, which from
> what we observe, is not always a pleasant life.

Personally I believe that Hell and Heaven are metaphors which extrapolate
the ordinary high and low moods of human consciousness to a
super-significance. God is a metaphor in the exact same way - an algebraic
concept of X = Infinite proprietary superlatives. If you are in a world of
competing polytheistic deities, each the representation of a personal
superlative or sphere of influence (God of war, Goddess of beauty, etc),
then the invention of a supreme ultimate deity who trumps all others in all
categories is an excellent political strategy. It's a convenient way to
consolidate allegiance and direct everyone's personal insecurities to a
mass psychology solution.