On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

 > Hi Craig Weinberg
> All of your quotes are very good advice.

Do you also think that God gave good advice 1 Samuel 15:2-3?

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy
all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant
and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

How about Numbers 25:4?

"Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the Lord against
the sun."

Or Isaiah 14:21?

"Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers."

Or 1 Samuel 15:2-3

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy
all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant
and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

Or Leviticus 26:22

"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your
children."

Or Jeremiah 19:9?

"And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of
their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend."

Or Exodus 13:15

"The LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn
of man, and the firstborn of beast."

> You sin, you go to Hell. Personally, I believe that the "eternal torture"
> of Hell is not to be able to feel God's
> love and forgiveness.

Hmm, that doesn't sound bad at all! The last thing in the world I'd want is
love and forgiveness from a moral monster like Jehovah.

  John K Clark