On 1/11/2013 11:35 PM, socra...@bezeqint.net wrote:
Book ‘Dreams of a final theory’.
/ By Steven Weinberg.  The Nobel Prize in Physics 1979 /
Page 66.
‘ Most scientists use quantum mechanics every day in they
  working lives without needing to worry about the fundamental
  problem of its  interpretation.
  . . .they do not worry about it. A year or so ago . . . . .
our conversation turned to a young theorist who had been quite
  promising as a graduate student and who had then dropped
out of sight. I asked Phil what had interfered with the
ex-student’s research. Phil shook his head sadly and said:
‘ He tried to understand quantum mechanics.’   (!)
===.
Conclusion.
Don’t try to understand quantum theory if you want to reach success.
==.

Page 138.
‘ It is true  . . . there is such a thing as absolute zero; we cannot
  reach temperatures below absolute zero not because we are not
sufficiently clever but because temperatures below absolute zero
  simple have no meaning.’

Or they just don't mean what you would naively assume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_temperature