Hi Stephen P. King

A monad is blind, and so does not know the location in space of
his physical body, so he must trust the PEH, which is his eyes and
his guiding spirit, to lead him on safe paths. Psalm 23.
In this Best of All Possible Worlds, there's no guarantees, but
being blind, what else can he do but trust in his PEH guide ?

All he knows is what his guiding spirit tells him, which can
be the whole universe, but L says somewhere that the monad
has limited and distorted vision (he's perhaps only technically blind)
and can only see what's "nearby". So the monad does not where he is,
but he does know similar monads, wherever they be. And by "know"
he can sense their feelings and even read their minds to some extent.
So a given monad will find himself mentally and emotionally among the
strangers that fate (the PEH) has decided to link him to.

The problem of being a monad is that monads are always competing
with one another, such that a more dominant one will beat down a
weaker one. On the other hand, perhaps his guiding spirit will
limit such actions. Etc.

This is a my personal rendering of L's Theodicy, at least in part.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/17/2013