On 03 Feb 2013, at 22:56, meekerdb wrote:

On 2/3/2013 8:28 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

It simpler to generalize the notion of God so that indeed basically all correct machines believes in God, and in some theories question like "is God a person" can be an open problem.

But you have a vocabulary problem related to the fact that you cannot cut with your education which has impose to you only one notion of God.

Why should there be more than one notion designated by "God". The Abrahamic religions use the word to designate a particular notion: an omniscience, omnipotent, benevolent creator person who wants us to worship him. Together their adherents constitute 54% of those who believe in a theist god. And if we take your view that atheists and agnostics use the same definition, then 70% of people use that same meaning. If there's some other notion, why not call it something else.

The meaning of words can evolve. In this case I use the word "theology" in the old original sense, and even that sense still make sense for 70% of the Abramanic theology, despite adding more weird attributes. Like John you confirm my feeling that atheists defend the use of the word as it has been imposed to us, and not the more general concept which bring theologies in the first place.

Using another world would not help in the comparative theological studies, including the comparaison with comp.