On 2/4/2013 4:29 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com <mailto:johnkcl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Sun, Feb 3, 2013  Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com
    <mailto:jasonre...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        > What I find most surprising about John's position is that he can use
"I" in
        the same sense you mean in the UDA when referring to many-worlds thought
        experiments, but he refuses to use it in that same sense when it comes
        duplication in the UDA.

    After a experiment has been completed the Many World's Interpretation can
give some
    people, including me, a intuitive feel of what just happened,

The analogous experiment in the UDA is pressing the button and seeing what City you now find yourself. (Don't bother replying to this unless you make some new realization; we've gone over this a dozen times already.)

    as opposed to just crunching the numbers. However when it comes to
prediction Many
    Worlds is no better than Copenhagen and Copenhagen did come first; and
that's why
    Many Worlds is not the dominant explanation in the scientific community,
although
    it's popularity is increasing.

Many worlds requires that gravity be quantized, where the CI does not (according to http://www.anthropic-principle.com/preprints/manyworlds.html ).

What gave you the idea CI allowed non-quantized gravity? It isn't a question of interpretation: if gravity is a classical field then it could be used to evade the uncertainty principle.

So I would say MW is a theory and not an interpretation. Also, I know of no good explanation of why quantum computers should work under single-universe interpretations.

Because they traverse all allowed Feynman paths.

Brent
Thirty one years ago, Dick Feynman told me about his 'sum over
histories' version of quantum mechanics.  "The electron does anything it
likes', he said.  "It goes in any direction at any speed, forward or
backward in time, however it likes, and then you add up all the
amplitudes and it gives you the wave-function."
I said to him, "You're crazy."  But he wasn't.
      --- Freeman J. Dyson, 'Some Strangeness in the Proportion' 1980