On 2/9/2013 5:13 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

    It's how I recognize intelligence - and so do you.

No, I recognize intelligence by experiencing learning. If there were an Elvis impersonator who was so good that you could not tell the difference between a film of him performing and one of Elvis performing, would you say that he had become Elvis Presley?

Learning is only detectable via function.