On 09 Feb 2013, at 17:28, John Clark wrote:

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you agree that if I ask you the question in the MWI context, what is the probability that you see the photon hit the left plate, you'll say 50%,

As I've said before the primary weakness of the MWI is how to consistently assign probabilities to observers seeing things, particularly if the number of universes is infinite and not just very large. All the probabilities need to add up to 100% or it's nonsense,

... making your "W and M" prediction into nonsense. (with W and M being respectfully denoting the corresponding subjective experience of being in the city W, or, exclusively, the city M, as you cannot be in both cities from the first person point of view.

and there is considerable debate about how well Many World's has managed to do that, some say pretty well but others say not so much.

> yet you say that in the duplication experience of Bruno, it 100% you see left, 100% you see right which is of course false... the correct one either in MWI or with Bruno's experiment is 50%. If you can do a prediction in MWI so can you *the same way* in Bruno's experiment, only bad faith prevent you to admit it.

In Many Worlds everything is completely deterministic, everything is determined by Schrodinger's wave equation; or at least that's it's goal if it can get over the infinity problem mentioned above. But Bruno claims to have found a brand new type

I just make my case. I have never brag on "new" and things like that. That is not relevant, and the fact that you insist on this illustrate an ad hominem kind of argument.

of indeterminacy never seen before when all he has really discovered is the less than astonishing fact that the guy who well see the photon go to the left is the guy who sees the photon go to the left.

And this miss the point that the act of prediction is asked to the guy in Helsinki. That if he said "W or M", all his "successors" will agree, and that if he said "W and M", all its successors will refute the prediction, assuming of course that he has the cognitive ability to understand the definition of first person and third person given in comp, at the start of UDA.

Bruno

  John K Clark