On 2/5/2013 11:02 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:14:07 PM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

    On Tue, Feb 5, 2013  PM, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
wrote:

        > Unpopular religions are denounced as cults.

    A religion is just a cult with good PR.

It's interesting. I would be curious to know whether every established religion intentionally sought legitimacy at some point,

What would that mean? Legal? Where there is official government recognition of religion (and probably tax breaks) the answer would be that they sought the recognition. And all that you can consider 'established' have sought adherents. But "legitimacy"?? I'm not sure how that world can be attached to "religion".

Brent

or if it's more of an inevitable consequence of surviving long enough to seem ancient. Are their ancient cults (other than those intentionally shrouded in secrecy)?

Craig

      John K Clark

No virus found in this message.