On 05 Feb 2013, at 21:34, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:27:27 PM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

2013/2/5 Stephen P. King <step...@charter.net>
Hi,

ISTM that purpose is a 1p, so to ask the question in a 3p sense is to make it meaningless.

That´s it.

But to insist into make the question in 3p may force the introduction of an implicit 1p that contemplate the 3p, that is, a metamind , with a metatime etc. (To avoid pavlovian responses, i don ´t mention the G. world). That is the meaning of my previous response.

Why doesn't the metamind need a metamind?

In fact arithmetic explains the presence of mind, in both the 3p and 1p view. Even without comp actually, by using the definition of mind by self-reference, and true self-reference (with truth guven by Tarski theory applied to arithmetic).

Bruno