On 2/6/2013 3:43 AM, Kim Jones wrote:
It may be that like all CREATIVE endeavours (including evolution), the purpose of the universe is what the universe is endeavouring to engender. In other words, the universe has no purpose until that purpose comes into being. When the universe (or multiverse or whatever) manages to create its purpose, that purpose may be instantly apparent to all sentient beings inside it. Clearly it hasn't happened yet, because if it had, this list would no longer be necessary. Therefore, the purpose of purpose can only be read after the event, never before it. Maybe take that thought somewhere or other.

Cheers,

Kim Jones

Hi Kim,

I agree 100%. The implied relation to time (via an action of evolution) that you mention is exactly what I have found to solve the problem that Leibniz' Pre-established harmony has. It expands on the idea that 'time exists because everything cannot happen simultaneously'.