On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:29:12 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

>  On 2/6/2013 5:09 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>

> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:13:03 AM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:
>>

>> 2013/2/5 Roger Clough <rcl...@verizon.net>
>>
>>>  Hi Alberto G. Corona
>>>
>>> Your concept is incomplete, because geometry is what Plato called forms,
>>> which he gave the Greek name of ideas.  So you have a thought without a
>>> thinker.
>>>

>> Yes, the greeks did not conceive an empty space without forms. For them
>> it was the forms what created the space.
>>

> I think that they were right. What I propose about light, and all forms of
> energy, is that they do not literally radiate through space as waves or
> projectiles independently of forms, but that what we experience as light is
> exactly what it seems to be: how we sense the world visually.
>

> A rather useless model of light.  The EM field in spacetime also predicts
> the existence of lasers, infrared radiation, radio, light pressure, the
> CMB, atomic spectra, and thousands of other phenomena that are just 'magic'
> in your 'sensory-motor' theory.

It's not intended to replace EM field equations, only to interpret them in
a way which better reflect nature. We can explain many things about human
civilization without noting the existence of emotion or sensation.
Political theories, economic theories, industrial production, etc can all
be understood without modeling emotion but using impersonal theoretical
drivers 'supply and demand', individual and state, raw materials and
finished products. This is a perfectly adequate level of description for
engineering or control of a process, but it is not the whole story. Why my
theory offers is the last link which makes sense of the whole story. There
is no other way to get from matter to mind. We can use different terms, but
in the end, it is only through sense that matter and 'information' come to
exist.

Craig