On 2/7/2013 8:55 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Math is ambiguous on that.

A priori, yes. But once we assume computationalism in cognitive science, then we can accept that when numbers, relatively to other numbers, behave in some ways (self-reference, etc.) they get mind, or at least some mind can be associate to them (and then on the infinity of them).

But this is very vague. Why should there be more than one mind. What picks out individual minds? And why are they associated with brains? And why do they agree on a common physical world? Arithmetic only shows that some numbers can refer to other numbers, where 'refer' is in terms arithmetic operations. That is very far from showing they are 'minds'.