On 05 May 2013, at 18:06, Stephen Paul King wrote:

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 02 May 2013, at 23:54, Telmo Menezes wrote:

Well, we can hope the best, but we can fear the worst. Even the bitcoin has
made a little crack due to exaggerate speculation.

The exaggerate speculation phase was to be expected. Not long ago,
people where saying that nobody would even trust such a concept. Maybe
it will survive.

I have few doubts that it will survive, but as humans are humans, it can still take a lot of different shapes.

The value of money is proportional to the thrust we have in the job of others, but this makes hard to correct the system and recognize errors, or lies, as it temporally devalue moneys. But already for the middle run, that attitude devalue money too, and more deeper in the long term.

Dear Bruno,

There is no global valuation of money or any other resource as such requires a global view. If we use a local (or finite combination thereof) measure, we can define use the mechanism of (mutual) trust to generate valuations. Differences in local valuations define entropy flows (and associated Gibbs free energies) that can be used to quantitatively define economic systems and processes.

There is no global valuation, OK. But there is a global devaluation associated to the amount of black money, grey money, and money based on lies, like with the "war on drugs", to take the clearest example.

A mathematically very complex problem is in putting cows in some geometry, in such a way that the cows have enough good grass so that they produce good milks (in that theory). But it has a very simple solution in practice. Just put 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, ... cows in the geometry, and just *listen* to the cow. Once they complain, put one cow back from the field- geometry, and the problem is solved. Many humans problems would get quite simplified and often solved if the humans were able to listen to themselves and do their job. The humans problems comes from the lies based on short termed conflicts of interest. The net will help. There too, the prohibition-like attitude will only accelerate the prohibited-things, and the undernets.

There is nothing to fear, except the merchandizing of fear and other money based on investments on the worst.

Indeed! Every problem has a solution.

The situation is very bad. We assist to a pyramidizition of the society. It is a perversion of capitalism. It has killed *many*people in the world. Not just in Mexico. 5 years of alcohol prohibition has given Al Capone. 70 years of marijuana prohibition has given ... ?

The problem is not money. It is black and grey money. The nets, and undernets, can help but can also been misused. The subdomain, in the Right, of cyber-criminality has some future, alas.

I agree.