On 06 May 2013, at 08:52, Telmo Menezes wrote:

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 02 May 2013, at 23:54, Telmo Menezes wrote:

Well, we can hope the best, but we can fear the worst. Even the bitcoin has

made a little crack due to exaggerate speculation.

The exaggerate speculation phase was to be expected. Not long ago,
people where saying that nobody would even trust such a concept. Maybe
it will survive.

I have few doubts that it will survive, but as humans are humans, it can
still take a lot of different shapes.

The value of money is proportional to the thrust we have in the job of others, but this makes hard to correct the system and recognize errors, or lies, as it temporally devalue moneys. But already for the middle run, that
attitude devalue money too, and more deeper in the long term.

A mathematically very complex problem is in putting cows in some geometry, in such a way that the cows have enough good grass so that they produce good milks (in that theory). But it has a very simple solution in practice. Just put 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, ... cows in the geometry, and just *listen* to the cow. Once they complain, put one cow back from the field-geometry, and the
problem is solved.
Many humans problems would get quite simplified and often solved if the
humans were able to listen to themselves and do their job.
The humans problems comes from the lies based on short termed conflicts of
interest.
The net will help. There too, the prohibition-like attitude will only
accelerate the prohibited-things, and the undernets.

There is nothing to fear, except the merchandizing of fear and other money
based on investments on the worst.

The problem is not money. It is black and grey money. The nets, and
undernets, can help but can also been misused. The subdomain, in the Right,
of cyber-criminality has some future, alas.

Here's a recent interview with the founder of Silk Road:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/04/29/collected-quotations-of-the-dread-pirate-roberts-founder-of-the-drug-site-silk-road-and-radical-libertarian/

I was excited to read that he understands his work as being part of
the resistance.

Me too. Thanks for the links. Very interesting. I realize that I am wrong in my critics of "black money", or in my identification of black money with "money based on lies". In fact when government invests in lies (like they did in health, energy, paper, steel, etc.), black money can get more genuine value than clean money, and all that is good for bitcoin and future state-independent money. It looks like either today-politics stop prohibition, or prohibition will stop today-politics.

Bruno

T.