On 08 May 2013, at 18:53, John Clark wrote:

On Wed, May 8, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> To believe in events without cause or reason is ... pseudo-religion.

Well, a pseudo-religion is certainly superior to a full fledged religion,

?

but a religion that is not illogical is not a religion,

?

so please explain to me exactly why a event without a cause is illogical. What law of logic does it violate?

I think that you confuse false and inconsistent.

An event without cause, assuming "cause" means something, might not be a problem for logic, but it is a problem for physics.

You can believe in such things, like you can believe in Santa Klaus. No problem with logic indeed. But it is poor explanation, if explanation at all.

Bruno

  John K Clark