On 5/15/2013 11:00 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 5/15/2013 12:02 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 5/14/2013 12:29 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 14 May 2013, at 19:12, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

On 14 May 2013, at 15:33, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

If you are monist, that distinction is quite artificial,
because humans have no special status.

They have the special status of being humans.

If you are dualist and anthropomorphic, then you can absolutize
the distinction (but this seems ad hoc to me).

I don't see what is has to do with dualism.  If you can distinguish
"humans" from "not-humans" then you can distinguish "made by humans"
 from "not made by humans".  It's as scientific as any concept:
table, chair, tiger, star, amoeba,...

What is a scientific difference between "humans" and "not-humans"? How
would you define it?

What difference does it make?  Why do you have this obsession with
definition of words? Are you going to try to prove a theorem about humans?

My question was not about strict definitions. My goal was better to understand the difference physical vs. mental. I believe that most people on this list state that

1) mental is physical

I haven't seen anyone state that. I'm not even sure what it means. Does it mean a thought is something that kicks back if you kick it?

Brent

and that to this end there is no ambiguity. Now let us assume 1) and based on this find the difference between natural and artificial. Could you find that difference assuming 1)?

Evgenii