Let me interject in *&-*marked *BOLD ITALICS* lines into the texts of the
posts below
John M

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2013, at 21:03, meekerdb wrote:
>
>  There's still a free version of PGP available as GnuGP.  But people
> generally don't want the inconvenience of dealing with encryption.
>
> On 6/12/2013 3:16 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
>
>  How to protect your computer from spying by the IRS and Eric H. Holder,
> Jr.
>
> These days it seems that you need to protect yourself from more than
> commercial vendors, namely spying by the IRS and Eric H. Holder, Jr.
> Snowden, the man who recently exposed the NSA activities, says he can
> from his desktop listen to your telephone and read your email.
>

> But it would have been illegal for him to do so.  People are always able
> to do illegal things.  The question is what preventive measures should be
> taken.  Snowden was an IT tech who was just supposed to keep the system
> running, so of course he had the ability to tap data flows.  But there
> should have been some administrative oversight to keep him from doing that
> beyond what was necessary for his work (and maybe there was).
>
> The question is should it be legal for the government to collect this
> data.  The Supreme Court has said it's Constitutional and polls say it's
> favor 62% to 34% by the public, so...
>
> *&- The overall collection of DATA is a hoax: only the addresses are
> collected without court order. The Hoopla is only political. The "majority"
> in the poll voted for security: to eliminate potential violent acts by
> 'enemies'. The Copnstitution is a 300yo thinking in medieval terms, usable
> for human principles, not the FACTS in our 21st c. life. I am a sharp
> critique of the government(s), in this case they work in our behalf.*
>
> The US government is doing the dictator trick (NDAA 12, NDAA 13). Those
> are not just non-constitutional they are anti-constitutional.
>
> The human rights applies to all humans, or they lost their meaning.
>
> The private life has to be respected for all humans.
>
> It seems clear to me that prohibition has succeeded in putting bandits
> into power, which makes legal or illegal things only for special interest.
>
> Health should be separated from the state, like religion. Free competition
> has to be allowed among all art of helping others, and nobody can pretend
> for you what is good to you.

*&- Except if YOU require the community to PAY for the curing of YOUR
sicknesses (maybe caused by YOUR own negligence) e.g. emphysema etc. by
smoking. *

> Some people do money on fears and catastrophes. The war on drug is a
> golden mine for bandits and terrorists.
> After the NDAA 12 I am afraid that the war on terror begins to look to me
> suspiciously like the war on drug.
>
> The notion legal/illegal must be relativized when the evidences add that
> the government don't play with the rules.

*&- There is no "WAR ON TERROR" - nor ON DRUGS. There are 'efforts' and
'lies'. Against CERTAIN aspects. *
*Others are accepted as 'money making' endeavours. The governments play by
their own rules, not with rules of anybody else. Governments ar
exploitative ensembles. *

> Bruno

*&- John M*