On 25 Jun 2013, at 08:14, Jason Resch wrote:

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
John, PGC,

On 21 Jun 2013, at 02:24, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote: Let me interject in &-marked BOLD ITALICS lines into the texts of the posts below
John M

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 12 Jun 2013, at 21:03, meekerdb wrote:

There's still a free version of PGP available as GnuGP. But people generally don't want the inconvenience of dealing with encryption.

On 6/12/2013 3:16 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
How to protect your computer from spying by the IRS and Eric H. Holder, Jr.

These days it seems that you need to protect yourself from more than commercial vendors, namely spying by the IRS and Eric H. Holder, Jr. Snowden, the man who recently exposed the NSA activities, says he can
from his desktop listen to your telephone and read your email.

But it would have been illegal for him to do so. People are always able to do illegal things. The question is what preventive measures should be taken. Snowden was an IT tech who was just supposed to keep the system running, so of course he had the ability to tap data flows. But there should have been some administrative oversight to keep him from doing that beyond what was necessary for his work (and maybe there was).

The question is should it be legal for the government to collect this data. The Supreme Court has said it's Constitutional and polls say it's favor 62% to 34% by the public, so...

&- The overall collection of DATA is a hoax: only the addresses are collected without court order.

That's already not acceptable.

The Hoopla is only political. The "majority" in the poll voted for security: to eliminate potential violent acts by 'enemies'.

NDAA + FBI makes many enemies. According to the FBI, to write a mail in favor of the constitution makes you a "suspect of terrorism".

I have mocked the "conspiracy 9/11 theory, despite the building 7, but I have mocked also those who announce the NDAA. After Obama signed it, I am just much less sure and more vigilant.

The Copnstitution is a 300yo thinking in medieval terms, usable for human principles, not the FACTS in our 21st c. life. I am a sharp critique of the government(s), in this case they work in our behalf.

The problems is when the facts don't make sense.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/20/nsa-surveillance-fisa-court/2442899/

The Guardian article + documents referred to in both links:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/20/fisa-court-nsa-without-warrant
PGC

Thanks guitar boy,

This interview on the subject is quite interesting:
http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2013/06/19/podcast-show-112-nsa-whistleblower-goes-on-record-reveals-new-information-names-culprits/

It is very grave. The bandits get involve into a dark vicious circle. They know that we know, and so develop paranoid tricks aggravating their case, and their paranoïa, etc. All this is done to defend the top of a pyramidal corrupted (and international) clan, but they take into hostage a large part of the middle class and what subsist of democracy.

They got power thanks to alcohol and then marijuana prohibition, but it is also their fatal error, because the lies become obvious.

Now, to survive they have to control the net, but that is just impossible. They are doomed, but they will hurt a lot in the meantime.

Bruno

Jason

The US government is doing the dictator trick (NDAA 12, NDAA 13). Those are not just non-constitutional they are anti-constitutional.

The human rights applies to all humans, or they lost their meaning.

The private life has to be respected for all humans.

It seems clear to me that prohibition has succeeded in putting bandits into power, which makes legal or illegal things only for special interest.

Health should be separated from the state, like religion. Free competition has to be allowed among all art of helping others, and nobody can pretend for you what is good to you. &- Except if YOU require the community to PAY for the curing of YOUR sicknesses (maybe caused by YOUR own negligence) e.g. emphysema etc. by smoking.

I personally disagree with this. But it is out of topic.

Some people do money on fears and catastrophes. The war on drug is a golden mine for bandits and terrorists. After the NDAA 12 I am afraid that the war on terror begins to look to me suspiciously like the war on drug.

The notion legal/illegal must be relativized when the evidences add that the government don't play with the rules. &- There is no "WAR ON TERROR" - nor ON DRUGS. There are 'efforts' and 'lies'. Against CERTAIN aspects.

The term "war on drug" has been introduced by Nixon, and exploited by Reagan, and there is a "war on drugs", like there are many people sent in jail for non violent crime related to possession of marijuana.
There is a "War on terror", since Bush junior.

Since the start, the marijuana problem is a construct. the proof of a danger have all been debunked, each time. But today we know that real dangerous drug, when prohibited, become much more dangerous, as they will be sold by criminals who will target the kids and the sick people.

Others are accepted as 'money making' endeavours. The governments play by their own rules, not with rules of anybody else. Governments ar exploitative ensembles.

When a governments lies systematically on a subject, it means they defend special interests, and not the interest of those who elected it, that hurts everybody.

&- John M

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to everything- l...@googlegroups.com.