On 10 Jul 2013, at 21:59, meekerdb wrote:

On 7/10/2013 8:50 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
Now the converse, where atheism is taken to mean rejection of all gods, rather than one, is not meaningless.

You keep using the term "rejection". If by "rejection" you mean "failure to credence" that's OK. But you seem to imply "assertion of non-existence". An atheist may be asserting the non-existence of the God of Catholicism, while merely failing to believe in the god of deism; and in fact that is explicitly what Vic Stenger and Richard Dawkins have said.

Then they are no more atheists in the sense of the atheists I have problem with.

I use atheists in the (Google) sense of B~g. ~Bg is agnosticism (in the mundane common sense).

Some atheists seem to oscillate between the two definitions, opportunistically.

Anyway, as I said (on FOAR), I define theology of the machine M by the truth about the machine M/ The proper theology is defined by the truth which is unprovable by the machine, yet conceivable by it.