On 11 Jul 2013, at 22:07, John Clark wrote:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> Yes, word games and arguing over what arbitrary meaning a sequence of ASCII characters should have is what passes for philosophy these days. Meanwhile REAL philosophers have discovered that there is more than one type of infinity,

 > Cantor was a mathematician.

Yes. Some say that philosophy hasn't found anything new and interesting in a thousand years but that is untrue, it's just that philosophers haven't found anything new or interesting in a thousand years.

> Yes, he was quite interested in theology

True, the poor man went completely insane and died in a looney bin.

There is no evidence that this is related to its lifelong interest in theology, which has driven his discoveries of the transfinite.

> You have still not anwser how you predict first person expectation for any experience in physics when we assume computationalism.

Turing proved 80 years ago that in general you can't predict what an external purely deterministic system will do,

In the long run, and without any indeterminacy in the functioning of its parts. Yes.

We might not know if the machine will stop or not, but whatever happens is determined by the initial digital conditions.

That has nothing to do with the First Person Indeterminacy (FPI), nor the quantum indeterminacy.

all we can do is watch it and see; and as for the first person expectation we've known for much much longer than 80 years that often (perhaps usually) we don't know what we are going to do until we do it.

So when you put water on the gas, your theory to predict what you will experience is just wait and see?

> (or more easy: physicalism + a universe robust enough to run the UD).

You've forgotten IHA.

UD is for Universal Dovetailer. So please try to answer question.