On 08 Jul 2013, at 23:22, meekerdb wrote:

On 7/8/2013 1:03 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
We are all believers, and when a machine pretend to be a non believer, it means "I know", and she will impose her religion to you, by all means.

?? So when you say comp is just an hypothesis, to be tested like any other scientific theory, you're really saying you believe it and you will impose that belief on others??

??
No I say the contrary. If the machine admit she is a believer, in comp, say, she does NOT say "I know", and she will NOT impose that belief to you.

I was saying that only those pretending to know will impose beliefs on others. Those who agree it is a mere belief are really saying that they are open to refutation and alternate theories.