On 7/11/2013 12:34 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 11 Jul 2013, at 18:46, meekerdb wrote:

On 7/10/2013 11:25 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
I have given the equation. I try to explain this on FOAR but it relies on some familiarity in logic. Normally you should know already that physics is given by a measure on relative computational continuations, and the logic explains already the statistical interferences.

QM is deterministic and there is only one 'computational continuation';

?
If you measure up+down in the base {up,down}, you get two computational continuation, unless you add a non deterministic collapse.

No, you only get one in which the measuring device state (including you) is entangled with the system measured. To get two you have to treat "measurement" as some non-unitary operator. That's the puzzle that Everett addressed by throwing out the collapse postulate and assuming only one kind of continuation. Since that seemed like an attractive idea the problem has become how to explain the experience of one thing happening and another not.

Brent

so it's not clear to me how comp reproduces (or approximates?) this.

Those two computations exists already in arithmetic.

Nor do I see what you mean by statistical interferences. QM is a theory in complex Hilbert space; do you refer to the interference of amplitudes in Feynman path integrals?

No, I refer to the FPI, which when see by the machine itself in arithmetic appears to obey to a quantum logic, which allows interference between alternative realities.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>.

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/ <http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/%7Emarchal/>

No virus found in this message.