I do not exactly agree. since religion is a natural inclination, and
atheists have no organized religion then the religious way of thinking
permeate all their lives. I´m not trying to be pejorative. But the
religious instinct in the primitive sense is not about love and compassion,
but the contrary it is about fanaticism and exclusion of these that are not
in agreement. And it is about sacrifices to demonstrate the worthiness of
each one for the sectarian group.

 Chiristianity in this sense gives freedom from this primitive, sectarian,
sacrifice demanding instinct  and canalizes it in positive ways.

2013/7/10 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>

>  I am amazed these days at the antagonism atheists hold against religion.
> I suppose it has to be that way, for there is a natural draw of men toward
> religion.
> And if their rejection weren't so oversized, they might fall victim to
> religion--
> that is, to learn humility, and be filled, without any worth or work on
> their own,
> with faith, hope, and love.
>
> How torturous.
>

> Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
> See my Leibniz site at
> http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough
>

>  Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
> See my Leibniz site at
>  http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

Alberto.