Hi Liz

Interesting. There's another thought experiment, or gambit, MWIers raise
involving quantum immortality.

In this, some quantum event at time t triggers a gun to shoot (or not shoot)
the MWIer.

Traditionally, MWIers argue the only reason they would not take the gambit is
because they would leave behind grieving family in one MWI branch. They are not
in any doubt over whether they would survive in the other branch. Thus, in this
case the probabilities are governed by a conjunction. They are both convinced
they will be killed and convinced they will survive. There is no 1-p
indeterminacy about either prior to the quantum event.

Now the logic of q-immortality and your MWI analog of Bruno's thought
experiment seem to me to be the same. But, the MWIers apparently treat the two
inconsistently. How can one be uncertain about whether one will be in Moscow in
one experiment but certain about surviving in the other? Do you see my problem?

All the best.