On 30 September 2013 13:58, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:

> The reason it doesn't make the will a slave to randomness, is that the
> will is random in its essence. There is no self-other distinction
> between the will and the random source.

I don't see this. The random source here is the laws of physics, surely? So
unless you identify your will with physical law, the self-other distinction
is merely hidden - the source of your random decision lies inside the
evolution of the state vector, or whatever it is.

But I admit I'm still reading through the paper, so I may change my views
once I manage to do so. I've almost reached section 3, at which point I am
hoping to discover why it's called "Knightian" randomness - I'm hoping it
has something to do with Knights and Knaves! :D