On 09 Oct 2013, at 19:23, John Clark wrote:

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> [your] body-copy will be in two places, [you] can feel to be in only one place.

If the copies are really identical then "you" feel to be in only one place (insofar as spatial position has any meaning when talking about consciousness)

Which it has not. We both have agreed already on this. And the copies are identical, as bodies reconstitiuted at the right substitution level, but they are in two different place, as they will notice when opening the door. And the Hesnki man knows that in advance, so he knows that (whoever he is and will be) there is 1/2 chance to see M (or W).

because "you" really are in only one place, regardless of how many copies are made or where those bodies are.

Exactly.

> The question is which city will [he] observed.

The question is will "he" turn into the Moscow Man or the Washington Man,

Yes. And it is (and can be justified entirely with math) a non constructive "OR".

and that depends on one thing and one thing only, what information "he" receives.

Not at all. It depends on the entire protocol. the information he will have will confirm or refute his prediction (written in his diary, for all possible "he's" relevant).