Bruno Marchal
via<http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1311182&ctx=mail>
 googlegroups.com
2:47 AM (8 hours ago)
to everything-list
On 15 Oct 2013, at 19:02, Richard Ruquist wrote:

Bruno: Arithmetical truth escapes largely the computable arithmetical truth
(by Gödel).

Richard: I guess I am too much a physicist to believe that uncomputible
arithmetical truth can produce the physical.

Nobody is perfect :)
(You are not alone, physicalism is believed by almost everybody those days)

Since you read my paper you know that I think computations in this universe
if holographic are limited to 10^120 bits (the Lloyd limit) which is very
far from infinity.

Of course, I do not assume such a universe. I assume only that "I" am
Turing emulable.

I just do not believe in infinity. In other words, I believe the largest
prime number in this universe is less than 10^120. So I will drop out of
these discussions. My assumptions differ from yours.

OK. And then the reasoning (UDA), if you do assume some physicalism, is
that we are not Turing emulable. You are working in a non comp theory. Not
sure this solves anything, as now you can't justify matter (you assume it),
and are back to the usual mind-body problem, with an non satisfying
identity between mind and matter.

Bruno

Richard: I guess you did not read my paper afterall. The Metaverse machine
is what computes matter and its energy from the get-go. I grant you that I
assume such a Metaverse. But the universe with its limited computations are
given by known physics.

Regarding MWI vs Wave Collapse , here is some interesting data:

Measurement-induced collapse of quantum wavefunction captured in slow
motion.
http://www.nature.com/news/physicists-snatch-a-peep-into-quantum-paradox-1.13899?WT.ec_id=NEWS-20131015