I'd only ever seen numerical simulations of it, but consulting the
ever-handy Wikipedia, it looks like the percolation threshold is given
by the inverse of the average node degree for Erdos-Renyi random
graphs. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_graph). Mind you,
Wikipedia does seem to be contradictory on this - the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erdős–Rényi_model gives ln n/n for the
percolation threshold.

Presumably, the two pages are talking about different concepts of
percolation threshold, but I would need to drill down into it further...

Note that on 2D tilings, the percolation threshold seems somewhere
between 0.5 and 0.8
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percolation_threshold).

But for brains, neither network model is appropriate, so one would
need to look at how percolation thresholds go for small world
networks, about which Wikipedia doesn't have much to say.

Cheers