On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

That will not increase precision unless you give a name (and NOT a
>> pronoun!) to the guy who wrote the diary, if its "Mr. The Guy Who Is
>> Experiencing Helsinki On October 21 2013"  then the probability "he" will
>> experience Washington is zero.
> > Ridiculous, because in that case would implies [you] die in a
> duplication or teletransportation experiences.

Who would die? "YOU" would die. If you put a gun to Bruno Marchal's head
Bruno Marchal could still not coherently explain Bruno Marchal's ideas
about indeterminacy without using pronouns, the most indeterminate part of
the English language and made even more so by duplicating chambers.

> Do you think that [you] die in a self-duplication experience?
We've been  through this, it depends on who the hell "you" is. Is "you" the
guy who remembers being John Clark yesterday, or the guy who is seeing
Helsinki right now, or the guy that will see Washington tomorrow, or the
guy that will see Moscow tomorrow?

Bad ideas always sound better if they are imprecisely expressed, and there
is no better way to do that than using lots of personal pronouns in a world
that has people duplicating chambers in it.

  John K Clark