2013/10/25 John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Be consistent, reject MWI, or ask *the same question* about the
>> probability of *you* (who is you ? pinocchio maybe ?)
>>

> In the MWI John Clark doesn't have to worry about who "you" is because
> however many copies of "you" there may or may not be they will never meet

What does it have to do with prediction and probability ??? do you mean
because you could meet your doppelganger probabilities becomes meaningless ?

> and John Clark will never see more than one copy of Quentin Anciaux. But
> in Bruno's thought experiment that is no longer true, so to continue to
> blithely babble on about "you" causes nothing but confusion.
>
> > measuring spin up while measuring the spin of an electron
>>

> And probability implies prediction and prediction has nothing to do with a
> sense of self,

Same thing here... it's a prediction about what's next, and even in both
case (MWI and self duplication), the 3rd view is completely deterministic,
and on the 1st view (the point of view of the experiment who either measure
the spin or go into the duplication box) the future is uncertain. It's
absolutely, rigorously, exactly the same in both.. yet you bable for years
on one experiment without rejecting the other. You are inconsistent, you'll
never recognize it, so whatever...

> and that is what Bruno's "proof" is all about. If when you pressed the
> button you were 99% certain, in fact even if you were 100% certain and
> there was not the tiniest particle of doubt in your mind that you would end
> up in Washington, and one second later you found yourself in Moscow your
> sense of self would not be diminished one iota, you'd just figure that you
> made a bad prediction, and it wouldn't be for the first time.
>
> > Your agenda is not to try to comprehend something, it is just to bash
>> someone with no reason except misplaced pride.
>>

> Ask yourself this question, why aren't Bruno's ideas universally
> recognized by the scientific community as a work of genius? There are 2
> possibilities:
>
> 1) Due to the same misplaced pride that I have the entire scientific
> community is jealous of Bruno and would rather destroy a stunning new
> advancement in human knowledge than admit they didn't find it first.
>
> 2) The entire scientific community has run into the exact same logical
> stumbling block in Bruno's ideas that I did.

If 2 is not pride, I don't know what pride is... you did not run into a
logical stumbling block with Bruno, you refuse to let work your brain while
you doesn't do *as you should* the same thing with the MWI.

Quentin