On 10/21/2013 9:16 AM, John Clark wrote:

    > Let me put it in this way: accepting that P(W) = P(M) =1/2, with W and M
    describing the first person experiences of the respective copies, do you
accept that
    P(M) = P(W) = 1/2,

No I don't accept that, not if P(W) is the probability that the Washington Man will see Washington; the probability of that would be 1 not 1/2. And if P(W) means the probability the Helsinki Man will see Washington that would be 0 not 1/2 because the Helsinki Man would have to be turned into something that is not the Helsinki Man before the Helsinki Man can see a different city.

Why? If he flew to Washington he would still be the Helsinki man. He's the Helsinki man because of the continuity of his memories, just as you are still John Clark even though you've changed locations since yesterday.