On 27 Oct 2013, at 22:24, meekerdb wrote:

On 10/27/2013 1:23 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
 Here's a blog post that might suggest a point of contact:

http://blog.sigfpe.com/2013/10/distributed-computing-with-alien.html

Don't hesitate to elaborate, but this assumes QM, and does not bear on the mind-body or 1p/3p relation.

No it doesn't assume quantum mechanics.

He seems to assume some physical primary reality. In fact he is not clear about what he assumes, and which "identity" thesis he is using in the philosophy of mind.

It shows that it non-local correlations were just a little bit 'stronger' then the world would be much more trivial, which reminded me of you remark that we live on a kind of fractal border. I don't understand how you propose to get an "inside" view of arithmetic from which physics must appear,

From the FPI applied to the true sigma_1 sentences, that is, the UD natural emulation in arithmetic.

but I thought your theory might be able to say why the world has QM that has 'just enough' non-local correlation to make it interesting.

Quite possible. So that work (by Dan Piponi) might help to close the bridge. Note that with Everett and/or with comp, nothing is globally non local. Non locality is an "illusion" coming from the fact that we cannot know in which computations we belong (or in which terms of the universal wave function we "belong"). I will try to make a closer look to it. Thanks.