On 17 November 2013 08:36, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:

> No, I am concerned that the global warming scare can be exploited to
> convince the people to relinquish more of its freedoms to the
> government.
>
> You mean the people still have some freedoms to relinquish?

The government doesn't need global warming, they've done very nicely out of
the "war on terror".

And what is this straw man about giving governments more power? They don't
need more power, they need to divert some of the current massive subsidies
away from the oil industry into renewables. Not rocket science. They need
to stop being controlled by a certain sector of the economy. How does that
give them more power over the average person than they have already
acquired by (in the case of the USA) rewriting the constitution to disallow
free speech, and to allow unlimited surveillance?