On 25 November 2013 23:17, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/11/25 Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com>
>>

>> On 25 November 2013 12:35:50 am AEDT, Samiya Illias wrote:
>>
>> Bruno asks: "Should we search, or not, for a reason behind the physical
>> reality?"
>>
>> We must, otherwise this life itself doesn't make any sense. There has to
>> be a purpose, and there has to be some sort of an outcome.
>>
>> But why can't life lack sense and purpose? What logical or empirical law
>> would that break?
>
> You implicitly are saying:
>
> 1) The only and certain purpose is to act according with the laws. So there
> is a purpose, although not personal purpose
> 2)These laws are ultimate causes and conform the matter, make it be, so as
> such, They are beyond and prior to nature, that is, They are sobrenatural.
> and
> 3)All the Laws are known.

I'm saying that there is no logical reason why there should be any
purpose to life. What "purpose" means is pretty vague but I take it as
something over and above your (1). Atheists may find "purpose" in,
say, living a happy life or contributing to society, but there is no
logical reason for those things to happen either.

--
Stathis Papaioannou